Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recap of January 2009







There is so much I have forgotten to say about the events that have transpired this month.

Every year my family throws a New Years Eve party and we usually have an incredible time. This year was no different but I think we had more people this year than we ever had. We did the traditional prayer at 15 till and then our shot glass toast at midnight with Apple and Grape cider. Sadly after taking my shot of White Grape cider I broke my favorite Hurricane shot glass that I had bought 5 years ago at the Skydome in Toronto, Canada. I guess its time to get a new Hurricane shot glass!!

The next morning was the first day service at Conqueror's Conference. Bro Philip O'Bryan preached and it was incredibly anointed and encouraging. He talked about the fact that we cant see the end from the beginning. Only God knows what He is doing in His time. From that service I took and memorized the scripture in 1 Corinthians 13:12 that reads "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but Then shall I know even as also I am known."
Brother Tiller did an amazing job delivering the Word every night. Friday the choir sang the "Can't Stop Praising Him" medley. During the part when it goes into "I won't turn back, I won't turn back, I won't turn back now" I really got the revelations that I Can continue on this race living for God now matter what comes my way! Bro Tiller also said something that night about if we are living for God we can be sick, but we are still saved, broken hearted but we are still saved, lonely but we are still saved,.... Those statements really struck a chord in my spirit. No matter what the circumstances are it doesn't matter. All that matters is that one day I make it to Heaven and see my Lord! We have to press on!
Also on Friday night Bro Tiller had us pray for our Pastors. My church family came up to the platform and prayed for our pastor Rev Paul Conner. Afterwards I hugged my Sis Debby Conner and then Pastor came down and took my hands and spoke to me telling me how much he appreciated me. I told them I loved them and was thankful they are a part of my life. I have always loved my Pastor and his wife but somehow in that moment my love and appreciation for them was renewed. I left with this new respect for them. I will always remember that!

Some other news...I went back to work at H&R Block for the tax season. I bought a laptop with my tax refund money. Aimee and I are going on a 7 day singles upci cruise to Jamaica, The Cayman Islands, and Mexico in October! We put down our deposit this week!

My dear friend Sabra got married today in Mississippi. I was asked to be one of the bridesmaids but unfortunately because of the high cost to fly I was unable to go. It pained me to not be able to be there for my bible college buddy on her very special day. Perhaps it wasn't meant for me to be there after all. I pray that God blesses her and her marriage!

SO last but not least. On this last day of January the most Amazing lady in the state of Arizona, Sis Mabel Combs from Casa Grande, passed from this life to the next early this morning. I will cherish every little conversations that I have had with her through the years from Senior Camp this past July to endless Ladies Retreats and Conferences. Her lovely voice singing praises unto the Lord will always be etched in my Spirit. She "Made it After All". As I was helping my mother in the kitchen this afternoon I had my IPOD in hand and on my play list was "I Can Only Imagine" I thought of what Sis Combs was doing at that moment in heaven. Was she standing in Awe of Him? Was she dancing and shouting? Was she singing with the Angels? What ever she is doing now I am so happy for her and she will be greatly missed! I can't wait to see her and all the other Faithful saints like Bro Croy, Bro Cai Larsen,and many others!

No comments: