Saturday, March 14, 2009
Thankful for God's Protection
So tonight on my way home from shopping at Kohl's I had a tire blow out. I was on the I-10 and if you don't live in Tucson you probably don't know that there is a stretch of freeway that is under construction where you are not able to get off. There are about 6 exits that are closed and sadly I was in the middle of them. I was in the right lane when I heard something pop. I didn't pay much attention to it until I felt the right back tire dragging. I knew it had blown but there was nothing I could do but keep driving. After almost 11 years of having my car I don't think I have ever had to use the emergency lights so I had no clue where they were. I slowed down a bit as cars and semi's drove pasted me. I finally got off the 1-19 exit and pulled over. After calling my mom I realized that no one would be able to get to me unless they went all the way around the freeway. The closet exit was Ajo Way and since I had already driven my car with my tire practically gone I figured I could keep going. I pulled into the nearest gas station remembering that my cousin Yvonne lived in the area. My mom was coming to pick me up because my brother and dad were at play practice at the church across town. I was alone and it was already dark. It wasn't the nicest place in town to be so I called my cousin to see if I could leave my car at her house. She said it was fine so I tried to make my way back on to the road. The only thing was I got lost trying to find the house. I had been there times before but I was in such a panic I had to call her again to ask for directions. My mom beat me to her house and said she could hear the loud clunking noise from down the street. After getting off the car I went around and was shocked to see I had been driving on my rim. After getting in my mom's car and feeling safe again I knew that it was by the Grace of God that nothing happened to me. I was on the freeway with no way out. I could have lost controlled and killed myself or someone else. I got home safe and even though its going to hurt my wallet to get it fixed, everything will be fine!