Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Daniel Fast- Day 1

It has been an incredibly long time since I have written in my blog. I have heard a few people here and there tell me from time to time that reading my blog has blessed them. I have recently been so busy with school, work, and teaching piano lessons that my focus on writing has sadly faded. About a month or so ago I had this idea about doing this fast I had heard about called the Daniel Fast. There are many of you who have heard about this type of fast also and may even have done it yourself with great results. I had a few moments this Summer that made me realize that I needed to do something extreme to revamp my Spiritual Life with God. I want so much more of Him and this felt like the best way to go about reaching this goal. I like many of you, have so many prayer requests and needs in my life at this time and I have to believe that God will answer. There are a lot of posts that I want to write during my 10 day Daniel Fast and I hope to be able to put them all up. I am praying that I can re-dedicating myself to the gift of writing that God has placed on my life. Today I ate the brown rice I made last night. I had some cut up carrots and almonds and took them with me to work as well as a bottled water. I noticed that I was extremely exhausted today so right when I came home from work I took a nap and feel much better. My house is extremely loud right now so I need to find a place to escape in order to get my thoughts with God together. The journey so far looks good!

No comments: